Last month we released the new major version of MultiMerch 8.0. While it was labeled Stable as we've ironed out most of the major 8.x conversion issues, there have been minor bugs left here and there.
Today, I'm happy to announce the release of MultiMerch 8.0.1 which includes more than 50 various bugfixes for 8.0 as well as the new product review and vendor rating system and vendor profile updates.
MultiMerch 8.0.1 bugfixes
Since the release of 8.0 we've been constantly working on improving MultiMerch 8 and getting all the bugs out. Bugs fixed in 8.0.1 include, among others:
- various vendor product form issues
- fix for categories not getting saved properly
- vendor profile form uploader bugs
- product quesiton & answer fixes
- vendor dashboard layout fixes
- fix for total sale numbers
- fix to hide missing/broken orders (OC default behavior)
- various template structure fixes
- dashboard table responsiveness fixes
- fallback to default email templates with custom theme installed
- line breaks in order information
- vendor Google Analytics fix
- minor DB structure changes for new MySQL versions
- restyled option & attribute selector in vendor's product form
The latest update can be downloaded through your MultiMerch account as well as on OpenCart Marketplace.
Vendor profile updates
Vendor profiles have been waiting for a face lift for a while now.
Two major profile page updates include a full size banner container for a better overall profile look as well as vendor profile tabs. At the moment there are only two default vendor tabs – description and reviews – but MultiMerch will get an update to allow store owners create their own custom tabs.
After installing the update, you can adjust the banner size in MultiMerch Settings > Misc > Image Sizes.
Product reviews & vendor ratings
Vendor ratings is something that has been requested before. While a different version of vendor ratings was available in MultiMerch 5.x, it was never reintroduced after the conversion to OpenCart 2.x due to stability issues.
The first new version of reviews & ratings is now available in MultiMerch. It replaces OpenCart's default review system.
The rating system in MultiMerch is similar in functionality to what Amazon, eBay & Etsy offer to their vendors and customers.
After the customer purchases a product, they have an option to leave feedback for a product by describing their experience and rating it with 1 to 5 stars. All product reviews are stored in the database and displayed to other visitors. Vendor's rating is calculated based on the average star rating of all of vendor's products and displayed in vendor profile. Customers can also view detailed vendor statistics and all product reviews for every vendor.
The next rating update will include a possibility for customers to upload images for their reviews, as well as to comment on other reviews and vote for the most useful reviews for every product.
A detailed guide on vendor ratings will be published in MultiMerch Documentation shortly.
Latest posts by Martin Boze (see all)
- MultiMerch Tutorial: Translations - March 15, 2017
- MultiMerch 8.7 Alpha and Vendor Categories - March 8, 2017
- Product options and attributes in MultiMerch 8.6.2 - March 3, 2017