February is almost over so it's about time to look back and sum up what we've done this month to make MultiMerch better.
I also want to share some insight here on what's coming up next.
We've hired another developer to help us improve MultiMerch so February has been a productive month with more than a hundred Git commits and 4 releases. While most of them were bugfix and minor updates, we've also introduced some of the major things in MultiMerch in February.
This is a short update summary:
- Vendors can now create their own attributes and options for products (more on this shortly)
- It's now possible to specify fixed rates for weight based shipping in addition to cost per weight unit
- We've fixed quite a few issues related to checkout and commission calculation
- PayPal Adaptive now works as expected with MultiMerch Shipping
- There are now many extra user input checks and warnings when saving various forms to prevent unexpected behavior
- The team has worked hard hunting bugs and minor issues so MultiMerch is now much more stable
As always, you can find the complete and detailed information on new and past releases on our Changelog page.
There have been a few updates to theme compatibility packages, but we have plans to work on them more actively in the future since there are still some issues with the popular themes such as Journal.
Still, MultiMerch theme integration files offer almost complete compatibility with the following OpenCart themes:
We'll be publishing a series of blog posts covering MultiMerch compatibility with the popular themes in the near future.
As you may know, we're offering a number of translations as part of our Professional package. In February, we've added a few new translations to our list so the full translation list now looks like this:
We'll be adding more translations shortly so if you're looking for a specific one, let me know!
In addition to our regular support and updates, MultiMerch now offers a number of services for MultiMerch & OpenCart users, including setup & integration, search engine optimization, performance reviews and consulting.
If there's something we can do for you, feel free to check our Services page and get in touch!
If you're curious as to what we have planned for March, here comes the exciting part. These are some of the MultiMerch things we plan to work on in March (and possibly April – no fixed deadlines yet):
- Allowing vendors to create their own categories – you can expect this one really soon
- Preapproved payments for PayPal Adaptive – you'll now be able to use Preapproved chained payments to multiple receivers with MultiMerch
- Import/export system – letting vendors import products and export sales data is a major milestone we're currently working towards
- MultiMerch website and app UI overhaul – we're a bit dated and not as user friendly as we could be, but this will soon change. This also includes massive improvements to vendor dashboards
- Messaging system improvements to make it easier for vendors and customers to discuss their business onsite
- Order and suborder management system improvements
- Theme integration improvements
- Faster support – we'll soon have more people monitoring our support mailbox
- More translations
- More content
Some things will probably change, but this is a rough roadmap for March so you know what to expect in March in general.
If there's anything else you're curious about, feel free to let me know in comments!