I was configuring munin monitoring tool for my server today and although the configuration wasn't difficult, I had some issues with munin.conf file, especially the hostname part.
At first I just specified my domain name like this:
With this configuration munin created a folder named cc instead of ffct.cc, which wasn't what I wanted. I then saw a comment in the config file suggesting to add a semicolon right after the hostname to tell munin it's a domain, so I tried doing it:
This looked right, but all it produced was a munin error message stating that
[FATAL] There is nothing to do here, since there are no nodes with any plugins.
It turned out I had to specify that I want totals produced for this domain, so I ended up with the following hostname config:
This made the annoying error go away and finally made my stats work.